(updated) Trust Tablet OSX drivers Solution

Trust 400 Tablet not Working in OSX?

Update!: I was contacted by a programmer who is developing his own drivers for Waltop and OEM tablets (Trust is one of theses) running on OSX

You can download and give feedback for this over at http://code.google.com/p/hyperpen-for-apple/

Otherwise, check out my drivers below.

Users of Leopard should try These Aiptek Drivers (Leopard OSX 10.5x)

Users of Snow Leopard should try These Aiptek Drivers (Snow Leopard OSX 10.6x)

Update: Users of Lion should try These Aiptek Drivers (No idea if these work, please confirm in the comments)

Trust 400 tablet © Trust International B.V.

I decided to post about this as this has bothered me for a long time. So this is for anyone who has found themselves in the same predicament.

Many years ago before I switched to mac for design work, I bought a Trust 400 tablet.

I used it at University on XP no problem. Years later, I dusted it off and plugged it into my mac only to find the search for drivers to be a long and frustrating one.

Many forum topics on the internet concluded in the same way, “It’s not possible”.

Au contraire! The Trust model is a rebranded version of the ‘Aiptek’ series, and I am sitting here on OSX Leopard with a working Trust tablet having installed their drivers.

Pressure sensitivity, angle, it all works. My only problem is it treats my dual monitor setup as one big canvas, effectively splitting the working area of the tablet in half. But it’s bearable. Screw forking out more money for a new tablet!

If you have found my post bearing the same problem, I have uploaded these drivers for you to with your Mac, dear reader. Good luck.

Users of Leopard should try These Aiptek Drivers (Leopard OSX 10.5x)

Users of Snow Leopard should try These Aiptek Drivers(Snow Leopard OSX 10.6x)

Be Sociable, Share!
Tags: , , , , , , , , | Post a comment

Facebook Discussion

23 Comments

1. CharlieOK11
    Posted December 17, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the driver! It works great with trust tb-2100 in OSX leopard.

• Thomas
      Posted December 21, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Glad to hear it :)

2. Neil
    Posted January 19, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

Thomas, you’re a legend. It’s turned my miserable hasty purchase into a cheap tablet wet dream! Gracias Amigo :)

No sign of a snow leopard?

• Thomas
      Posted January 31, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

You’re very welcome Neil, thanks for stopping by. What did you mean by ‘No sign of a snow leopard?’?

3. Diego
    Posted February 18, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

I have used this solution for the model Trust 16485 (Widescreen Mini Tablet) and it worked fine. Thanks for your help!

4. Thomas
    Posted February 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

You’re welcome, thanks for stopping by!

5. Ben
    Posted June 4, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Permalink

Just found some updated drivers that work on OSX 10.6.7 exactly as you describe 1.72 doing;

Get “Pen Pad Tablet Driver V2.01-USB” from here:

ftp://ftp.aiptek.de/FTP_HMP/Pen_Pad_Driver_V2.01_MAC.zip

Note; Chrome doesn’t play well with their ftp server; you’ll need safari, firefox or a real ftp client. Or the command line. ;)

6. Thomas
    Posted June 5, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Sweet work, I shall update my post, thanks for sharing.

7. Dee
    Posted September 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

This one worked for my Trust 1200 when everyone else said no!!

ftp://ftp.aiptek.de/FTP_HMP/Pen_Pad_Driver_V2.01_MAC.zip

Brilliant!!

8. Posted October 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Can we use the same drivers for OSx Lion? Because I don’t seem to get it to work…

9. zumuha
    Posted June 14, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

Worked for me…

Trust TB-4200 Tablet on Snow Leopard 10.6.8…
    It is indeed a problem on a dual monitor setup… but… better than nothing.

Thanks…

10. Michael
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 6:11 am | Permalink

Regarding use on dual monitors, I found this:

“I was also having trouble finding a way to use the TB 7300 on my Dual Screen Windows 7 PC, after a lot of digging I found a forum post that gave me the answer.”

“In order to map the tablet to both screens, a particular screen or a particular area of the screan, download the latest drivers, unzip the driver package, open the file aiptbl.ini with your text editor, find the line AdjustPage = 0 and replace it with AdjustPage = 1. Then install the driver. A third tab in the control panel will apear where you can adjust the area the tablet gets mapped to.”

I assume this is for Windows because I can find no such file in the Install Package on Lion.

Speaking of (Mountain) Lion – anyone know which driver version works?

11. pet
    Posted August 18, 2012 at 9:06 am | Permalink

Tried these drivers with tb-2100 and Mountain Lion – nothing.

Anyone has a Mountain Lion version?

12. pet
    Posted August 18, 2012 at 9:06 am | Permalink

Tried these drivers with tb-2100 and Mountain Lion – nothing.

Anyone has a Mountain Lion version?

13. pierre
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Hello,

Tested the hyperpen driver for apple (http://code.google.com/p/hyperpen-for-apple/) and it’s works great on my Trust tablet TB-4200 on mountain lion !!!

Many thanks to the author !!!!

14. Jon
    Posted January 7, 2014 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Hi guys

I downloaded the drivers and now my Aiptek pad is working on my Mac, but there is no pressure sesitivity in Illustrator. when I try to turn on the sensitivity its greyed out. Any ideas?

15. Posted March 12, 2014 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

Please help.

FLEX PAD 16937
    ( Have not yet tried AIPTEK driver suggestions above, because I am in a netcafe, but I will tonight.)

e.g. Says installation OK, yet icon not on task bar.
    e.g. Works ok for 10 min., then suddenly stops, dead.
    e.g. Yes, have downloaded latest driver & installed immediatly.
    e.g. Un/Installed many times . .
    Temperamental as a mistress !!

Yes, have contacted Trust. A repeat of the normal install instructions, which I have followed to the letter.

It HAS worked before, but something has happened in the meantime, & I know not what . . .

Switch off AVG temporarily? Firewall?

I have run out of ideas . . .

ANY info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

XP. 32 Bit.

16. Antonio
    Posted May 9, 2014 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Works perfectly on Lion. The only thing is authorize the installation of the driver of course ;-)

17. Mary
    Posted June 6, 2016 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

I have a Trust slimline desing TB 6300 and I use Yosemite. Please I need a driver for it. Help me please. Thank you.

18. John K
    Posted October 16, 2016 at 3:15 am | Permalink

Anyone know if its possible to get a trust 15356 Stylus Design Tablet to work on a Macbook running Yosemite ?

19. Posted December 29, 2016 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Hi,
    is there someone who’s got a solution for a Trust Flexible Design Tablet for a macbook OSX 10.11.6? Tried several drivers, but it didn’t work so far…

Post a Direct Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

footer TipsPassions Website Portfolio Illustration Portfolio Graphics Portfolio View My Blog Project News